You can see an even bigger image on DA. CLICK HERE
I’m sorry for the lack of updates as of late. We are working on ideas, but life keeps getting in the way of progress. I was hoping to have been attending college by now, but long story short, the local school is beyond inept and I’ve decided to look elsewhere.
Which leads to this post. I’m going to attempt to get a 2 year degree in animation at an online art school. The advisor suggested I submit 4-5 of my best pieces to the board. Since I have so many years of art to show, it’s hard to pick those. I asked around and got several responses. When I narrowed down my art, I still had 18 to look through.
I’m trying to pick the 4 or 5 strongest pieces. Ones that show strong emotion, good comic design, story flow, background design, action, life, etc.
So could you do me a small favor and tell me which ones you like best? I’ve created a GOOGLE FORM for easy filling out. ^^
So far I’m doing ok but I’m limiting my stress and trying to stay relaxed to avoid complications. So what does that mean? Expect late comics and guest comics/art in place of the regular comic. I will try and get the comics done, but I can make no promises. I do promise that regardless, there WILL be something up each Friday.
If you’d like to help me out by producing a guest comic/art, please let me know. I appreciate all the help I can in this and will make it up to those that help me.
Hopefully I will have a chance to throw together a holiday wallpaper for y’all. I’ve done it every year and would hate to see myself not do it this year.
Oh yea and the Ginpu t-shirt design I showed off some time ago is finally a reality. ^^ When I have more details I will let you know. But here’s pics of the prototype I was sent. (just needed a bigger size for me. XD)
The final shirt will actually be on this color t-shirt – which I should mention is a recycled shirt. ^^
Anvil AnvilRecycled Cotton Blend Tee
• 5.5 oz., 70% pre-consumer recycled cotton / 30% post-consumer P.E.T. recycled polyester, pre-shrunk
So I had this idea. I want to do some free art, BUT how do I decide who to give it to. Then a friend suggested a raffle. This way everyone can participate, regardless of skill. So, here’s how it’s going to work. ^^
This contest will be raffle/lottery style. That means each entry gets a number. After the end date a random number will be chosen via random number generator at random.org and the winner gets a free flat color digital waist up drawing of their own character, or a character owned by me. (I will not draw any characters owned by other people or corporations without their explicit written permission.)
What do you need to do?
Pimp Ginpu on Twitter, Tumblr, G+, deviantART or FurAffinity.
There will be 5 entry pools. You can enter into each one if you so desire.
- Twitter: Follow @Ginpu, @Ginpu_Studios or @Phizuol. Mention this raffle in a tweet, linking to the Ginpu.us blog post, and be sure to tack one of the names to the tweet. Otherwise we won’t know you did it.
- Tumblr: Follow Ginpu and like and reblog the post (on Tumblr) regarding this contest.
- G+: Add Ginpu to your circles, like and share the post (on G+) regarding this contest.
- deviantART: Watch Ginpu and post AT LEAST a link to this contest. Comment on the journal with a link to your journal to show us you’ve posted it.
- FurAffinity: Watch Ginpu and post AT LEAST a link to this contest. Comment on the journal with a link to your journal to show us you’ve posted it.
When we receive notification that you’ve tweeted/reposted/reblogged/shared the contest, we will add your name to the list and a number next to it, for each site you’ve pimped us on.
Now the fine print:
- You must reblog/share/retweet/repost the contest to be entered in the lottery as described above. If you do not let us know you’ve pimped us we won’t know and you won’t be entered in the lottery.
- There will be 5 separate lotteries. 1 on deviantART, 1 on FurAffinity, 1 on Twitter, 1 on Tumblr, and 1 on G+. You can enter each lottery, but you can only win once. Reblogging/reposting/retweeting/sharing more than once on any site is appreciated greatly, but it does not increase your chances of winning on that site. 1 entry per site per person.
- There will be 5 total prizes. 1 for each winner from each social media site listed above. The prize is a digital pin-up (that’s from the waist up) drawing of your own character or a character from the Ginpu comic series, drawn by Michelle aka Ginpu. Michelle will not draw any copyrighted characters without the owner’s explicit written permission. It is not the responsibility of Ginpu Studios/Michelle to get this permission for you. The subject matter of the drawing will be decided by Michelle. All drawings will be rated PG.
- Winners for each prize will be chosen randomly via the random number generator at random.org.
- Entries will be accepted until November 25, 2012 at 23:59EST. Winners will be announced with the Friday update on November 30, 2012. Winners will be contacted to discuss character choice for artwork. While Michelle will try to get these drawings done quickly, please expect up to an 8 week turnaround time. Life can get in the way of good intentions.
- No purchase necessary. Purchasing swag doesn’t increase your chances of winning though we thank you for your support.
Ok… how do I begin this? As some of you may know I’ve been struggling for many years with a plethora of chronic illnesses. I finally decided I was 35 & have at least 35 more years left on this planet, and damn it I’m tired of just surviving, I WANT TO LIVE AGAIN! So I got a hold of this infectious disease doctor across the state. I went to see him on September 21st. In the past 17 days I have been on 2 different antibiotics twice a day, pro-biotics at lunch, had 12 (or was it 13?) vials of blood drawn for testing, had an entire abdominal ultrasound done and called around to different doctors to have past tests sent to this doctor across the state.
It’s looking like he’ll be able to help me. This sounds well and great. So what’s the downside right? If he can help me, it’s going to be via IV antibiotics. That means having a semi-permanent catheter in my vein so I can administer the antibiotics at home. And that likely will last a few months.
But a few months of living that way will be worth it if I can finally rid myself of this damn disease that has been plaguing me for nearly 20 years now. So…
I will do my best to update the blog here should I miss an update, so please remember to check the blog. Another good place to keep an eye on is my personal Twitter account, @Ginpu.
On a side note, I now have a Tumblr account. I’ve been trying to post images up there, use it as a sketch blog. It currently has some boob images of the girls in the comic to support October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. (Much like my avatar at the time of this posting.) It’s also a good representation of who has the biggest and smallest boobs in the comic. XD
So, yesterday was 6 years of Ginpu comics. Today is 9 years of Phizuol and Ginpu together. And with today’s comic we’re past the 25 page mark of the new story, Renegade (today is #26). Also, today is Friday. Can it get any better???
I hope you’ve been enjoying the story so far, we’ve still got a lot more to go. Thanks for being a Ginpu fan!
I just wanted to make a quick note to let you know that we’ve added a few new non-comic pages to the site lately. You may have already noticed some of them, but if I really believed that I wouldn’t be posting this now!
First, we have an introduction page for new readers. You can see it up in the menu bar or right here: http://www.ginpu.us/new-reader-intro/
Second, a page with spoilers (oh scary!) The cast of Renegade page. You can access it under “About” in the menu bar or just click this link: http://www.ginpu.us/about/renegade/